Wednesday 20 February 2013

Sampling

Knit Machines



During my three weeks in the knit part of my textile world, I have really enjoyed learning to use the knit machines and experimenting my new skills. At first this was something i was looking forward to as I have never used a knit machine before and was something I was eager to learn. At first it was hard to come to terms with all the new techniques and rules, but after some practice, I have started to enjoy using the machines. However, during my time, I came across some bad days where I would only create two or three samples in a day, this is something I have learnt to avoid, by taking a moment, having a break and coming back to my work. The main thing I love about these machines is that it is very fast to create quick development samples using different techniques and skills I have learnt. Each sample I have created has been different, using the same tools but in very different ways. I liked the idea that almost any thread can be used, creating texture, which is something I am interested in. Overall, I have enjoyed learning new skills and spending time on the machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment