Monday 30 September 2013

Summer Brief

Summer Brief




Whilst drawing and collecting visual research, I decided to move my drawings into a new medium and try something different, rather than just doing research using a pen and paper. I created these embroidery samples from my drawings I'd collected whilst in London.
I really like the continual line you get from using a sewing machine, it's something that I tried to translate from my drawings into these samples and I think it has worked well. The mis-shapen and wonky lines that you get from machine stitch is something I really like, it makes my drawings seem less precious as once you make a mistake there is no going back. 
I added a wash of colour over the top using a pro-marker. I really like the happy mistake that happened as all the ink bled into each other, mixing the colours and joining the lines to the colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment