Monday 28 January 2013

Sampling Unit

Weaving



For the first three weeks of my new textile world, I started learning the craft of weave and how to thread up and use a loom. This was something I have been looking forward too as I have never used this technique before. When I first began learning to use the loom, it was quite overwhelming and frustrating as it is a very long, delicate procedure. I never realised how much effort went into creating weave. After grasping the basic understanding I am beginning to enjoy using the looms. I find the idea quite nice that after all the effort I have gone through, I will have a piece of fabric that I have created completely from scratch. 
 The colours I have chosen are to echo my palette that I have used for my data project, which is focusing on the hands. I decided to incorporate a little bit of black onto the weave, not too much to overpower the other colours, as I have used a lot of black in my drawings. I outcome is starting to look very graphic like with thick black outlines. 


No comments:

Post a Comment