Wednesday 21 May 2014

Unit X - College Four - Evaluation

Unit X - College Four - Zines - Evaluation 


During this Unit X, it has felt very odd for me as I haven't really done anything that I usually do in my other units. I feel like I have a had a burden lifted from my shoulders and someone else has taken the artist role. When I first started I thought that I was going to be stuck with all the artistic things that come with creating a zine, as I was the only hands-on art student in my group with the rest studying Contemporary Art History. However, every single member joined in and took on a different role, however inexperienced each person was. I really enjoyed taking on a new role and spending time over research and writing instead of drawing and making. I am most pleased with the whole zine in itself, it’s a show of our group work and the time and effort it took to create it and see it selling at the zine fair was a proud moment. I was surprised by how easy it was to create a zine, I thought it was a lengthy and grueling process but it’s more about the passion for what you love rather than the skills you have. After my last experience of Unit X I really was not looking forward to this time round, however, I found the whole process easy and enjoyable. My group were really helpful and we communicated almost every day and let each other know what we were upto. I think it’s perhaps because there was only four of us this made it a lot easier to meet up and share ideas, rather than it being in a big group. I have found this Unit to be very rewarding, being there from the beginning process of thinking up an idea for the zine to being at the last process and selling it. This is something that I would like to take into third year and perhaps do something like this on my own. I really cannot describe how much I have loved every minute of it.
Overall, I have found this to be my favourite unit so far. It has been a massive change and it was great to see how a zine worked, was produced and distributed and it was a break from what I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment