Wednesday 21 May 2014

Unit X - College Four - Individual Research

Unit X - College Four - Zines - Individual Research


For my research I was very excited to get started. I was in charge of the zines about Virginia Woolf and Vivienne Westwood. I think that I made a really good choice as I adore Vivenne Westwood and know quite a lot about her, however, I don’t really know much about Virginia Woolf so this posed as quite a challenge for me as I wasn’t really even sure why she was featuring in our zine, hoever, something which I was keen to take on. I decided to focus a lot more on research based on quotes, interviews, essay papers and journals to conduct my research. As I already knew quite a lot about Westwood, I didn’t really need to go too into the reseach but with Virginia Woolf, I found her life to be quite interesting and know understand why she is the woman and literary icon that she is today. As you can see by the images above, the two women were complete opposites however, changed society and culture in exactly the same way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment