Tuesday 9 April 2013

Unit X - Superstitions

Progression

After visiting lots of exhibitions during the start of 'Unit X' I have come to realise that there is a connection within everything that I haven't noticed before until I started posting on my blog and seeing all the work as a whole, rather than a sketchbook, blogs and exhibitions.

Having been researching about Paul McCartney and The Beatles and the conspiracy surround the idea that Paul McCartney died and was replaced by a look-a-like. I never researched about the time and culture surrounding The Beatles, only briefly looking to their fans and 'Beatle-Mania'. I never looked into what else was happening at the time, from, news stories, fashion and other artists and musicians that contributed to the culture. Looking though my research sketchbook, I realised that the 'Glam Rock', the 'David Bowie is' and  'Roy Lichtenstein' exhibitions all tie in with the research that I have already been doing. 

The connection being the era that they all were culturally relevant, the late 60's and throughout the 70s. Each artist contributed to the culture at the time. For example, Lichtenstein was creating art work, never before seen, Bowie for creating a new way of joining art, fashion and music into one thing, showing that men and women do not have to dress different, each gender being able to share clothes and experiment. 

This idea is something I am going to take and run with, collecting different bits of research. From family photographs, to fashion, music and artwork. This is something I think I could expand on and really make the most of my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment