Sunday 21 April 2013

Unit X - Superstitions

Research



During my last brief, I felt, which was agreed in my feedback, that I did not do enough research apart from basic research that I found on the internet. 
In this brief, I really want to push that idea and spend more time looking into what I wanted to focus on. For example, I have started to watch a lot of documentaries on David Bowie, from his 'Ziggy Stardust: The Motion Picture' to the critically acclaimed 'David Bowie; Cracked Actor' I found that watching things, rather than researching them on the internet was not only easier but I found that I learnt a lot more from the documentaries and I know that I can trust the information. Due to the recent comeback of Bowie, there has been a lot of information available about him, such as podcasts and radio interviews. Another part of my research was to look through books for photographs and interviews, buying such books as 'David Bowie Is; The Exhibition Guide' to 'Glam Rock; An Eyewitness Account' and even magazines such as "NME; The David Bowie Special." I am finding this way of researching really fun and interesting, going out looking for information rather than just typing it into google and hoping what comes up is useful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment