Sunday 24 November 2013

Intentions

Intentions - Sampling - Water Dissolvable Fabric


After experimenting with trying to add colour to water dissolvable fabric using stitches. I tried adding colour instead by using strips of fabric. I really liked the samples that I created using the red and yellow thread but I wanted to take that idea further and try something new. I choose really bright colours to try and make these sections stand out more and be the first thing that you notice about this sample. What I also like about this sample is that it keeps with the theme that I have been experimenting with about morphing and distressing the image to make it almost un-recognizble. 


I liked the water dissolable fabric so much and the sample that it gave me that I decided to re-create the sample but using patterned fabric so that it stayed solid. I picked the brightest fabric I could find to be the backing fabric as I felt that if I used to at the front you wouldn't, at first, notice the pattern of St Pauls. This is one of my favourite samples that I have created throughout this whole brief as I think it sums up everything I have been trying to do in one sample and I also think it sums up London perfectly, almost like the landmarks are the first thing you see (which aren't always great and exciting to look at) but when you look further, you see this bright, vibrant city.  

No comments:

Post a Comment