Monday 4 November 2013

Intentions

Intentions - Tutorial - 4th November 2013

Some notes I took during the tutorial

Today, I had a tutorial with Lynn about my brief so far. For the first thirty minutes I was the only person there, which worked in my advantage really as I had time to really talk about my work and gain ideas and inspiration. I found I came away from the tutorial with a clear path of work that I have to do. I was feeling a bit lost at first but Lynn has given me some good things to think about. The main things that we discussed was -

- Experimenting with stitch -> trying to be a little bit more adventurous with the stitch, rather than it just being straight. Use different machine feet such as the tailor tack foot or the cornely machine.

- Scale -> what happens if I were just just focus on one section of my visual research and blew it up to a huge scale. Creating samples on a much larger scale to try and experiment with detail

- Line Quality -> What happens if I were to building the line up. Adding threads on top of machine stitch. Using different threads when creating hand embroidery samples, what about paper threads, thick wools, string.

- Experiment -> to experiment with things, try not to feel like I'm too closed in and to become more free. Not to be afraid of things not working out.

I found this tutorial very helpful and feel like I know what to do with the rest of my brief. I was starting to feel a little stuck with my samples but having had my tutorial with Lynn I feel a lot more confident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment