Thursday 16 May 2013

Unit X - Superstitions

Final Exhibition 


For our final exhibition, we decided to show our work in Hilton House. Jenny arranged all of the space and I think we got a really good space. The room was perfect of exhibiting the film as it wasn't took large that the film got lost in the room. 


 After having to leave early the day before we put our work up (due to the Manchester United Parade) I came in the next day ready to put work up, however having had to leave early, I did not know where my work was to go. The curators Hilton House told me where to put my work so I went along with it. When other members of the group turned up, they had already decided the day before where work was going to go. This turned into a little argument, which was all apologised for afterwards. I think that that helped clear the air a little bit as we were all stressed our with the exhibition. I decided to wait until Nichola turned up and asked her where she thought the best place was. 


Nichola decided that the best place would be to line my photographs up along the bottom of the wall, in order to tie in with the idea of the shoes. This is something I really liked and thought it was a very different way of showing my work. Another good thing was when people were leaving the room after watching the film, they would see the shoes on the floor, another thing I really liked. 



 Overall, I think the exhibition was a great experience and working with people on it was something I would try again. It was nice at the end seeing everyone work together and all the different skills showcased in one final show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment