Wednesday 1 May 2013

Unit X - Superstitions

Presentation and Ideas

As part of our brief, we were asked to put together a presentation discussing out ideas and how we are going to channel them. Three of us from our group decided to put together the presentation, adding pictures of our work and explain how each one of us are bringing something different to the project, however all having the same thread through our work that links us together, the 175th anniversary of the art school. 

For our final idea, we have decided that a film would be the best idea. Each of us have some many different ideas that we did not want to just decided on one that and that would be it. Instead we felt that a film would be more appropriate as we could each show off our skills and research but it would be seen as almost an individual collaboration. 

The film would show us doing our own thing, for example, since I have been focusing on the fashion of the 70s. I will bring my own part into this, but still having the 175th anniversary in mind. The 70s was such a massive time for art and fashion, it was turned on its head and has never been the same since, therefor I wanted to celebrate this. I am going to focus on the fashion and create little garment, possibly shoes, that represent the 70s. I will create these out of different materials and film/take pictures of myself creating them, which will then be added to the film. 


Through as discussion on facebook, this was our final idea.I really like this idea, as I think it brings together all our ideas in an joint project.



No comments:

Post a Comment