Monday 13 May 2013

Unit X - Superstitions

Final Idea


These photographs show the design process of my shoes. I decided that it would be best to use technique that were effective and did not take a lot of time (as I underestimated the time it would take for the mod-rock to dry) I thought that the use of brusho paints would work very well as the results are almost instant. It also links in with my 70s theme, as the brusho paints look very tie-dyed when applied to anything. What I liked about these paints was that you had no control over what happened with them, just the colours. I thought that the best way to get an effective tie-dye pattern would be do add the colour outside in the rain, making the paint bleed together. This worked very effectively, however again it meant because the shoes were wet, it would again take a while to dry them off. 
Another thing I decided to include in my decoration was glitter. Glam Rock was all about adding glitter to almost everything, almost masking certain things to make them seem that much better. I used mainly red, purple and blue glitter (as these were the main focus of colours that I picked out from my drawings. The glitter was very easy too apply, however, I feel it may now look quite childish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment