Monday 26 January 2015

Third Year Practice - Research

Third Year Practice - Artists Research 

(Taken from Keri Smiths website - www.kerismith.com)

 When starting a new brief, I always indulge in artist research. It is my favourite part of a brief and I like to think that it is one of my strengths. My first source of research is Keri Smith. She is an artist that creates an instruction manual for people in order for them to document their lives or collect data. She publishes a book that has a list of instructions in them for people to follow. Her work is very heavily based on collecting data and objects. Her idea is to capture as much of the un known as possible. This is part of my inspiration for my brief. I will use her ideas and instructions as a starting point for my own brief. This will give me a basic starting point in my primary research in order to then start building up my own data.


No comments:

Post a Comment