Monday 26 January 2015

Third Year Practice - My Work

Third Year Practice - Collecting Data



This is the starting point of my work. I have started collecting all manor of things in order to have as much variety a possible. My collection seem to focus a lot on travel and transport, as I travel into university, so it was suggested to me that I focus my work towards documenting travel and movement, something which interested me. I was set the task of collecting data and then trying to find a way of during that data into a visual representation of what I had collected.
I created some recordings of movement whilst I was on the bus, holding a pen on a piece of paper and letting it feely move according to when the bus moved. I really like these recordings, as it is a different way of capturing travel, rather than just creating a drawing of what I see. What interests me about these images, is that you can see what was happening whilst I was creating them, for example, the small, tight images show that there was a lot of traffic that day and I wasn’t really moving, whereas the large, free drawings show that the bus was moving fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment