Monday 26 January 2015

Third Year Practice - My Work

Third Year Practice - Collecting Data


After collecting a visual representation of movement and data with my bus drawings. I decided I wanted a literal version of my movement, a very simple document and way of showing where I travelled too. I found an app, which is a version of a pedometer. This app runs in the background of my phone and counts the steps that I take everyday. I have decided to have this app running throughout my whole practice brief as an ongoing account of movement and data. I like this literal translation of data as you can see the movement without seeing the travelling. It's the opposite of my bus drawings, one is the amount of steps and one is the travelling. I would like to incorporate this idea within to my brief and perhaps use it as a side line during unit x as a way of displaying all the travelling that I have done throughout the whole third year.

No comments:

Post a Comment