Monday 11 May 2015

Unit X - Circles with Text


Unit X - Samples


I was trying to link my work back to the original idea of travel and movement. I decided to try and incorporate text onto my circles. The text will be data that I have collected throughout the practice brief and continuing into Unit X. The words that I have chosen will be data based on movement, such a street names, weather and towns. I think that this re-enforces my idea of travel. I experimented with engraving the text as just an outline and filled in text. I felt that this gives mea range of different texts to see what works best. I also stuck to my original materials and engraved onto clear Perspex. I did this as I thought the text would be seen more clearly on this rather than on black or white Perspex. I do like the text on the Perspex circles, however, I feel that with the text on the samples, the audience is drawn away from the line and the quality of the movement within my samples. I feel that perhaps my samples look a bit over crowded and that there is too much crammed onto such a small circle. If I had more time, I would like to create a larger sample with text on to see how it would work on a larger scale. I had a hard time trying to photograph my samples, as I had completed them the same day as the blog deadline. I have tried to take a photograph on my phone in order to illustrate what I have been working on. This was because the Perspex was clear, the text was very light and hard to capture without including some form of glare.

No comments:

Post a Comment