Monday 11 May 2015

Unit X - Artist Research


Unit X - Artist Research

(Image taken from Hannah's website - www.hannahleightonboyce.com)

For the start of my Unit X brief, I began researching artists to help with inspiration for my own brief. I had already decided to carry on my work from the Practice Brief as I felt that I could take my ideas a lot further and push my samples into the next Unit. I found the Manchester based artist Hannah Leighton-Boyce. Her work is very similar to the work that I have been creating, focusing on data and displaying that data. Although, Hannah displays the data that she finds, exactly how she found it, no visualizations. This differs from my work as I am translating the data that I have found and creating another piece of artwork from my findings. What I like most about Hannah’s work is the way that she displays her data. She uses a huge sheet of paper, made from smaller sheets, displayed onto the wall with her movement drawings on this. I like the way that her drawings escape the paper and go onto the wall. This is also a very simple way of displaying her work. This is something that I want to translate into my own work, a very simple way of displaying my data findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment