Monday 11 May 2015

Unit X - Vertical Gallery Pitch

Unit X - Vertical Gallery Pitch

I decided to pitch for the vertical gallery as I thought it would not only be a good experience, something I have never had the chance to do before. I feel like as I am a gallery based textile artist rather than a designer, that this would be the perfect opportunity for me. It also would give me the chance to have the oppurtunity to make my work on a larger scale, something again I wouldn’t have the chance to have done on my own. I decided to pitch a small sculpture that I had made, mentioned previously within my blog. I thought that this would be the best idea to pitch as I felt that it was the most appealing to look at of all of the samples that I have created and would work best as a larger stand alone piece. I also felt that the individual flat circles would take too much time, not only to cut but to thread up as the line needed to be stitched through each sample. The sculpture itself gave more to the audience than my flat circle samples as it was almost an illusion for the audience, with the thread through the middle being distorted. I felt that the sculpture would be worth making a larger scale piece of. I was quite nervous throughout the whole presentation, as I had no experience in pitching before for a commission. I feel that overall, I’m glad that I pitched and gained the experience that I wanted and now know what to expect in the future. This has given me valuable experience as an art based textile artist for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment