Monday 11 May 2015

Unit X - Drawings

Unit X - Drawings


After a tutorial, it was suggested to me that I need to link my work back together and find a way to create more drawings. I decided to use my samples as tools for drawing. I found this exercise really creative and fun as it was a free way to create drawings without having to draw. I have experimented with different papers and sizes of paper to play with the scale. I found that ink gave me the best marks whilst drawing and it meant that I could drag my samples through the ink. I stayed within my colour scheme and use black and white ink. I found that this was the perfect opportunity to experiment by brining in another colour. I decided to stick to the monochrome scale and introduce tones of grey to my work. This gave my drawings a different element and allowed me to experiment with marbling the ink. I think my drawings have been successful and work really well with the work I have produced so far. I think these drawings work well with my bus movement drawings that inspired my whole project. I like the uncertainty of where the ink is going to move and what pattern its going to create.





No comments:

Post a Comment