Monday 11 May 2015

Unit X - Outward Facing

Unit X - Outward Facing


As part of my outward facing, I completed a work long placement with Z-Arts.
Z-Arts is a Manchester based company, working with families and communities to have with within the arts.I took part in was a four day long craft workshop based around ‘The Hungry Caterpillar’. The crafts ranged from screen-printing to clay modeling. Each workshop featured 15 children aged from 7-10. My role in these workshops were to help set up the room before the children arrived. I was also there to help the children complete the tasks that had been set each day. I found these workshops really rewarding and because the workshop was a week long I felt that I could get to know the children really well and build up a relationship with them. What I liked most about these workshops was that I could teach the children some of the skills that I have learnt though out my education and translate it for them to use within their own work. All the children were happy to learn and take part within the workshops. I feel that by completing this workshop, I have a clear sense of what I want to continue with after my University education. The placement at Z-Arts has helped me to understand what is needed of me to become a teacher. Taking on this placement has given me knowledge and experience that I would not have gained otherwise. I feel that I now have a clear view of what it takes to become a teacher or a mentor for children and how much responsibility and work is needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment