Monday 11 May 2015

Unit X - Laser Samples

Unit X - Sampling 


These are some laser samples that I have created using the laser cutter. I have found that by using the laser cutter to cut my samples, I am achieving the samples that I want. The laser cutter works perfect for what I am trying to achieve as I need my samples to be really precise in order to thread them up and them work together as a collection. I have used these samples to experiment with how my samples would look as a collection. I have tried to create them as a minimum of six in order to get a sense of how they would look joined together. I have experimented with different types and thickness of Perspex, from 3mm upwards to different colours, although sticking to my colour scheme throughout. I have used a white, black and a neutral coloured Perspex. I have found that clear Perspex was my favourite material as I want the line of my work to be the main focus. By using a transparent background the audience is immediately drawn to the line and no focus was taken from the journey running throughout. I also like the thread that I have used, Parachute Cord. I feel that the line is very crisp and clear through this sample. The line is free-flowing and continual throughout the whole sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment