Monday 11 May 2015

Unit X - Small Sculptures

Unit X - Sampling


This is a small sculpture that I made using off-cuts of my Perspex samples. Each Perspex sample is made from clear Perspex cut into quite small circles. I created this sculpture from playing around and positioning the Perspex off set from each other to create a jagged line, on the outside and with the thread running through the middle. I really like this different approach to other samples that I had been working on. I feel that this is created with all the same ideas I had in mind with my other samples but finished in a different way. This gives me work a different element and a new view on how the audience can see the line. With my other samples, the line was running in and out of the circles, however with this particular sample, the line is running through the sample, but the outside and off-set circles created a new line and a different journey for the audience to think about. I think that it adds another dimension to work as it has another element of how the line and journey can be presented.


No comments:

Post a Comment