Sunday 23 February 2014

Locating - Evaluation

Locating - Evaluation

Overall, I have quite enjoyed my personal and live brief during the locating brief. I really liked the subject matter that I focused on, and would like to carry this on into another project.
I believe that honestly, I could have done a lot more work. Having focused on the idea of a fashion brief, something that I have never done before, I really struggled with what I had to do. I struggled with that to produce as a sample and what to show for my drawings, as I had only ever stuck to a typical embroidery structure when producing work, trying to do a fashion brief just completely scrambled my brain. As it is something i've never focused on, I had a lot of things that I did not even know you had to take notice of, such as cost of materials, time, money, colour, texture, etc, etc. However, I have tried this as a brief and it is something that I will not be returning to. I am glad that I have done it, as I now know that I want to be more art-based and that fashion/creating a fashion garment does not interest me at all. 
I do believe that some of the blame is on me. During the time that this brief has been running, I have been struggling with a lot of problems and stresses at home, which has been quite hard to juggle work, university and home life. Unfortunately, I have let these stresses take over and just spent my time trying to sort things out and worrying. I have not connected with my uni work as much as I usually do. I should have been using my work as an escape or to take my mind of things but instead I did not and I know exactly where I have gone wrong and I know that I should have produced a lot more work. I know exactly where I wanted to go with this project right from the start but however, things did not turn out how I wanted them to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment