Friday 21 February 2014

Locating - Personal Brief

Locating - Personal Brief - Tutorial 

After showing Lynn my badges she gave me lots of ideas on what to do and I came away feeling very inspired. She told me to try and experiment with scale, zooming in on some images, negative space and the different weights of fabrics that I use. I felt that this was very good advice and I aim to create one or two different samples for each suggestion, to show experimentation.

I also discussed my live brief with Lynn, where she suggested that I can link my current work into my live brief. I have decided to use the Pretty Green live brief, but put my own twist on it. I was unsure about it as the brief has now closed, however Lynn said that I could still do it. I have decided to use my badges, just like the live brief asked, but incorporate it onto women's clothes (as Pretty Green does not have a women's clothing line) I felt relieved by this as I was starting to panic about my live brief.

She also mentioned about thinking about the different ways that a fashion buyer would view my badges. In terms of cost, time and materials, how would this been seen, as expensive or as cheap? How could I save time creating these badges. This is something that I have never thought about before, and to be honest, never even thought would be considered when putting together a garment. As I have never really turned my attention to fashion before, this is something completely new to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment