Friday 21 February 2014

Locating - Personal Brief

Locating - Personal Brief - Samples



When deciding on what colours to use for my samples. I chose to stick to a very strict colour palette, as for my last briefs I never really had one and I started to get a bit confused. I took inspiration from this Yves Saint Laurent dress, which was an icon of the 1960's. I really liked the simple colours, red, blue, yellow, black and white. When researching about the 1960's, this dress was always first to appear whether in books or on the internet. 
I then moved on to deciding what to include in my badges. I took inspiration from different sources, past and present. From the old school parkas of the 1960's to the modern parkas from Fred Perry and Pretty Green. I settled on using the Union Jack flag, and the 'mod' target symbol as these seemed to be quite popular, back in the 60's and in the modern day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment