Friday 21 February 2014

Locating - Personal Brief

Locating - Personal Brief - Research


After doing a lot of research, I became at  bit of a stand still. I had researched a lot of sixties fashion and not come across anything that I felt jumped out at me. After deciding that I did not want to create a garment, I was a bit confused on what to do. I decided to go back over all my research that I had conducted over the brief and flick through all the books that I had looked in. 
I then stumbled across a book I had bought called 'London In The Sixties' by Rainer Metzger, which as its back page, featured a piece of iconic sixties artwork. Peter Blake's 'Self Portrait with Badges' and it instantly caught my eye. I had a idea and that picture was the linchpin. In the piece, it features Peter Blake wearing a very sixties inspired denim jacket, that had embroided badges all over it. I was going to create badges for fashion garments. This idea had been staring me in the face, as the symbol of the sixties was the badge-filled parka. 

No comments:

Post a Comment