Thursday 6 February 2014

Locating - Personal Brief

Locating - Research 


My first part of research was focused towards the Mod culture of the 1960s. I found this research really interesting and was keen to keep researching and learning more about this sub-culture. For this brief, I decided to do some of y research from books in the library, rather than just depending on the internet. I found it a lot more satisfying searching for a book and gathering research from it, I found it a better way to search for exactly what I was looking for. 
This is a page from my sketchbook. I stared my research at the heart of the swinging 60's, Carnaby Street. This London road was the hub for the Mod population. The shops and boutiques were filled with individual clothes and accessories. Mod's from all over the country flocked to Carnaby Street to purchase their clothing. 
The collage above is taken from pictures that I found in library books of the different scene of Carnaby Street. I really like the way it has turned out as it represents the hustle and bustle of the street and how bright and colourful it once was and still is today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment