Sunday 23 February 2014

Locating - Personal Brief

Locating - Personal Brief - Sample Research 


After deciding on what colour palette to use, I then moved on to conducting some research about the different types of badges, both from the the 1960's and the modern day. I decided to stick to the modern day as my main focus of my badge research, as for my live brief, I was focusing on a brief to design clothes for the mens fashion line 'Pretty Green'. I looked into their parka badges, especially focusing on the parka (above) which Liam wore during a live gig. 
I then looked into other modern day fashion houses that created these sort of badges. I began to look into Fred Perry and their 'Twisted Wheel' collection, which featured clothes and accessories which were heavily-covered in embroided badges. Again, this collection of clothing is very influenced by the 1960's club era, which focused around the Manchester bar 'Twisted Wheel' This is where the 'Mod' subculture is said to have been born. From this research, I know that traditionally, the badges are round and kept relatively small, this is something to take away for my own badges. They also feature quite bright colours, to draw attention to them. This is good, as my colour scheme fits perfectly into the design of the badges. 



No comments:

Post a Comment