Sunday 8 February 2015

Third Year Practice - Sampling and Testing

Third Year Practice - Sampling and Testing


After attempting to cut the Perspex myself, I decided that I should try and create a more finished and professional look, therefore I decided to go on the laser cutter. I found the machine simple to use and it gave me the chance to experiment in a different way. I created a lot of different samples, varying my range as much as possible. I used a mixture of transparent Perspex and white Perspex. I also cut circles and created a long rectangle piece as well. I liked the idea that I could play around with the different sized circles, large and small, depending on the thread that I wanted to use. The laser cutter has given me the finish that I wanted from my Perspex samples.
I have threaded the samples up using a different range of materials and thread. I have tried to use a variety of threads, using plastic threads, wire, pipe cleaners and traditional embroidery threads. I have also experimented and used a thin strip of stretchy, jersey material. I wanted to experiment as much as possible to see which line and material works the best. I really like the leather cord as it holds itself within the Perspex, creating loops and giving my sample a 3D effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment