Wednesday 4 February 2015

Third Year Practice - Sampling

Third Year Practice - Sampling


During the process of sampling, I found that my favourite thread was something that I found called “Parachute Cord” I really enjoyed using this thread as it was rather chunky therefor gave the desired line that I was looking for. I wanted the line to be bold and the first thing that the audience noticed. I used the monochrome colour pallete, like I have throughout my whole project. Another thing that I enjoyed about this thread was that because of its thickness, it held very well on samples, where as other thread were too thin and buckled under the fabric (eg the plastic threads on the PVC material did not work and ended up bunching together when it was taken out of the embroidery hoop)I found that this “parachute cord” worked really well with the netting fabric and gave me a strong solid sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment