Wednesday 4 February 2015

Third Year Practice - Sampling

Third Year Practice - Sampling


Having finally got an idea pinned down and started to really run with the idea and experiment with different types of fabric and threads. These are some of the samples that I have created.
I am really enjoying experimenting with the idea of a thread not being an actual thread. Although it did bring challenges as certain materials, such a electrical wire, was quite hard to bend into the shapes that I wanted. I really like the different types of line quality that I am getting out of the different materials and fabrics. Using the transparent, clear and soft materials as backgrounds are making the line the main focus of my pieces.
For my colour palette, I have decided to stick to the monochrome, black and white. I feel that it doesn’t take anything away from the line and distract the audience from what I want them to see. Perhaps further along the project I could introduced a third colour, but for now the black and white is working how I want it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment