Tuesday 8 October 2013

Intentions

Intentions Brief - Drawing Workshop

For part of my Intentions brief I took part in a drawing workshop. I've begun to feel a bit like i'm producing the same drawings so I thought this workshop might help. I really enjoyed the workshop all in all, it taught me that your drawings don't have to be perfectly detailed and represent what you are trying to draw, its all about the information you get into the drawing.
 For my object, we had to pick something that represented our brief. I decided to choose a shoe and a toy model of big ben, I think this related well to my travelling/journey idea. 




   

This image was one of my favourite exercises in the workshop. We set up our objects, paper and drawing equipment, then moved to another desk and drew another object. We then moved back, drew our own, then swapped over and someone drew on top of our drawing. 
  I really enjoyed this part of the workshop as it made me feel a little bit less precious about my work. I felt less scared to start my drawings as someone had already worked onto the page first. 
The layers I made from this is something I really liked and i'd like to try it in my own drawings. 



This is the joining piece of work to the above piece.
This is someone else's drawing that I drew on top of. I really like the style of this drawing, especially the bright red chilli against the pale background and then the really detailed black drawing on top, again this is another layers. It was really hard to draw on top of this drawing as I didn't want to hide someone elses drawing, but it was a good experience.






 This image is of my drawings of big ben. I really liked the layering idea, so I decided to draw onto acetatee. I really found it hard drawing on this different material as it was difficult to try and not to smudge it. I think it has come out really well. 
I think i'll use this image again and again, layering it on top of different materials and papers. I also like the idea of adding stitch over the top, adding another layer. 


  Amy's version of my object.                                                 My drawing of big ben, with Amy's drawing on top

These are some images that I created and then swapped with Amy, who then added her own drawing on top. I really like these drawings as our drawing style is very similar so it was quite unusual to see what we did to each others work. What I like most about these drawings is the different styles that have been mixed together. On the right hand image, I would have never thought about using oil pastels added to this drawing.





No comments:

Post a Comment