Sunday 27 October 2013

Intentions

Intentions Brief - Samples




These are two samples that I was testing out. I was wondering what would happen if you used black thread on black fabric and then a light coloured thread on dark fabric (rather than the white fabric and black thread that I have been using) I really like the black on black sample as you have to look really closely at the stitches. It also forces you to feel the fabric in order to under stand what it is. I feel that this relates to my brief about London and the image I have used is just of a block of flats with offices behind them, something that the tourists wouldn't even bother to look at. I really like this idea and would quite like to experiment by starting with a layer of dark thread and then going lighter and lighter with a different image each time. I feel that the grey thread one, does not have the same effect as the black one as it looks quite plain and boring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment