Sunday 27 October 2013

Intentions

 Intentions Brief - Samples 



These are some samples that I created after having a tutorial with Lynn. I took her advice and tried to experiment by using different fabrics. I decided to use some linen scrim as during the first year, I really liked this fabric as you could easily do hand stitch on it and it has quite an open weave. I still stuck to the same technique as my last samples by using a simple black out-line. I again felt that these were a little plain so I decided to add some hand stitch onto. I chose to do one with bright colours thats stood out and then one with colour that were quite nature and that blended with the fabric. I decided to use the bright colours on the image of the o2 Arena as its very well known, bright and full of lights whereas as a contrast I decided to use the natural colours on a image of a bridge that goes over the thames as it's quite un-noticed with tourists and not many people pay attention to the lesser known things in LondonI really like how these have turned out, however I did find it a bit hard to do machine embroidery on the fabric as it is quite loose and very easy to loose control of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment