Sunday 27 October 2013

Intentions

Intentions Brief - Samples




These are some of my starting point samples that I created in order to launch my into my brief. These samples are taken from my drawings that I collected whilst in London. I tried to pick images that are instantly recognisable as London, for example the Tate Modern (top left), St Paul Cathedral (top right) a red postbox (bottom left) and the millennium bridge and the shard (bottom right)
I created this samples to carry on with the samples that I made over the summer. I created these using white fabric with a black thread and using machine stitch. When I finished them, I thought that they look quite boring, with a simple line drawing and no colour. I decided to add some colour by hand stitching over the top of them in the appropriate colours, ranging of heavy stitching on some samples to a really light stitch on others. I tried to add as many different types of hand techniques thats I could do, for example french knot, cross stitch and chain stitch. I think it has worked very well in adding colour as well as texture and mark making into my work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment