Tuesday 29 October 2013

Intentions

Intentions - Samples - Water Soluble Fabric



After using acetate to create samples. I decided to try experimenting with the clear fabric idea. I thought of using water soluble fabric, such as 'romeo' I had used this before and it had always worked really well. I really like the way these samples have come out. However I did find them quite time consuming as you have to make sure your lines are very thick and all join together, otherwise the sample will fall apart.
My favourite thing about these samples are the way you can distort them as much or as little as you wish. With this sample I tried to keep it as similar to the drawing as possible.
I would quite like to take this sample idea further by loosing the thread so that it unravels. I also like the idea of layering the different samples together to create a distorted effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment